- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb boneless ribeye steak cubed
- 1 lb sausage of choice sliced (I like hot links)
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans pinto beans drained
- 2 cans kidney beans drained
- Chili powder
- 1/2 beer
- 2-4 tbl masa or flour
- shredded jack cheese
- sour cream
- flour tortillas
- In a large heavy bottom pot, add oil, garlic, and sauté until soft.
- Add ground beef, ribeye, and sausage until brown.
- Add the masa and stir until the meat mixture is somewhat thick.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, and kidney beans.
- Mix in chili powder and salt to taste.
- Add beer and simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the bottom.
- The chili should hold up a wooden spoon without falling over. Add a flour water mixture if the chili is too thin or more beer if too thick.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and cheese on top. Use the tortilla to clean your bowl.
NotesThis is another family favorite that I came up with. It has evolved a bit over the years and is always a hit around a campfire.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Nick's PicksSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More