- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe came from Taste of Home 2004 Annual Recipes and is always a crowd pleaser. The sweet potato in this recipe gives the salad an subtle sweetness.
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 t dill weed or crushed dill seed
- 1/2 t pepper
- Place all of the potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Place potatoes in large bowl; add onion. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.