Three star chimichanga
3 oz. fresh cooked chicken, shredded.
1/4 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp.dry chili powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 in flour tortilla
1/4 cup enchilada sauce
1/2 oz shredded cheese
1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
1 scoop (small) guacamole
1/8 cup tomato, chopped
1. Mix garlic, chili powder and salt with chicken.
2. Place 3 oz of chicken on tortilla and fold
3. Bake 3 minutes on each side
4. Pour enchilada sauce on top.
5. Add cheese and bake until cheese melts.
6. Garnish with shredded lettuce, guacamole and tomato
Pairs Well With
After my parents passed away I inherited all the cookbooks and recipes. My father saved every recipe he ever had. He was always swapping recipes with friends, neighbors, co-workers, or who ever he could find ( he like collecting cookbooks and recipes).
this recipe I found in a box of recipes written down. I have no idea where it originally came from. I top of the recipe my dad wrote "I give this recipe 3 stars"
I figured if he gave it three stars I need to try it. I love it. It's simple and easy and my husband will ask me to make the Three Star Chimichangas