Three star chimichanga
Why I Love This Recipe
After my parents passed away I inherited all the cookbooks and recipes. My father saved every recipe he ever had. He was always swapping recipes with friends, neighbors, co-workers, or who ever he could find ( he like collecting cookbooks and recipes).
this recipe I found in a box of recipes written down. I have no idea where it originally came from. I top of the recipe my dad wrote "I give this recipe 3 stars"
I figured if he gave it three stars I need to try it. I love it. It's simple and easy and my husband will ask me to make the Three Star Chimichangas
Ingredients You'll Need
3 oz. fresh cooked chicken, shredded.
1/4 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp.dry chili powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 in flour tortilla
1/4 cup enchilada sauce
1/2 oz shredded cheese
1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
1 scoop (small) guacamole
1/8 cup tomato, chopped
1. Mix garlic, chili powder and salt with chicken.
2. Place 3 oz of chicken on tortilla and fold
3. Bake 3 minutes on each side
4. Pour enchilada sauce on top.
5. Add cheese and bake until cheese melts.
6. Garnish with shredded lettuce, guacamole and tomato
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Poultry