- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryI have not had luck with homemade strawberry muffins in my past. They always turn out bland and flavorless. So, I was determined to use the overly-ripe strawberries sitting in my fridge for this specific purpose. I was bound and determined to find that perfect mix of strawberries and sweetness that brought the muffin to life.
Ta-Da! Here it is! These are amazing.
- 1/2 cup milk (i used soy because that's all i drink)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 canola oil (i used olive because that's all i had)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (this was not in the original recipe, but i added it for fear of no flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (recipe called for 1 3/4, but i minimized)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (recipe didn't call for this, but i LOVE cinnamon)
- 1 cup ripe strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
- 6 strawberries
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Put your 1 cup strawberries in the food processor and grind until grainy.
- Mix the strawberries with the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients.
- Mix well and pour into 12 lightly greased cupcake cups.
- Bake for about 20 min.
- In the meantime, mix 1 stick of room temp butter + 1 Tbs powdered sugar + 6 additional strawberries (after being processed in the food processor)
- This makes you delicious butter! Serve warm and enjoy! These were the best strawberry muffins ever!