- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 cup milk (i used soy because that's all i drink)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 canola oil (i used olive because that's all i had)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (this was not in the original recipe, but i added it for fear of no flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (recipe called for 1 3/4, but i minimized)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (recipe didn't call for this, but i LOVE cinnamon)
- 1 cup ripe strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
- 6 strawberries
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Put your 1 cup strawberries in the food processor and grind until grainy.
- Mix the strawberries with the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients.
- Mix well and pour into 12 lightly greased cupcake cups.
- Bake for about 20 min.
- In the meantime, mix 1 stick of room temp butter + 1 Tbs powdered sugar + 6 additional strawberries (after being processed in the food processor)
- This makes you delicious butter! Serve warm and enjoy! These were the best strawberry muffins ever!
NotesI have not had luck with homemade strawberry muffins in my past. They always turn out bland and flavorless. So, I was determined to use the overly-ripe strawberries sitting in my fridge for this specific purpose. I was bound and determined to find that perfect mix of strawberries and sweetness that brought the muffin to life.
Ta-Da! Here it is! These are amazing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More