- Cooking Time: 15 to 17
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually mix in flour.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls.
- Dip in lightly beaten egg whites, then roll in finely chopped walnuts.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press down center of each with thumb.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, fill centers of cookies with strawberry preserves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Italy or BustSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More