- Cooking Time: 15 to 17
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually mix in flour.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls.
- Dip in lightly beaten egg whites, then roll in finely chopped walnuts.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press down center of each with thumb.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, fill centers of cookies with strawberry preserves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More