- Cooking Time: 15 to 17
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually mix in flour.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls.
- Dip in lightly beaten egg whites, then roll in finely chopped walnuts.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press down center of each with thumb.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, fill centers of cookies with strawberry preserves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More