- Cooking Time: 15 to 17
- Preparation Time:
- no-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 large eggs -- separated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup jam or preserves, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Adjust rack to middle position.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the brown sugar and shortening with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt; beat until well combined.
- Add flour on low speed until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl.
- Divide dough int 48 equal portions.
- Form dough into balls by rolling between your palms.
- Dip each ball into the egg whites, then roll in the pecans and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, remove from oven.
- It may be necessary to press the indentation again.
- Fill each cookie with a scant teaspoon of jam or preserves.
- Return cookies to oven bake for another 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from oven; allow to cool on baking sheet.
from coupon section of the newspaper
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More