- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C chopped nuts
- your favorite jam (my favorite is raspberry)
- Cream together butter and sugar, add egg yolks and flour.
- Chill dough 1 hour or over night.
- Roll dough into small balls, dip into lightly beaten egg whites, roll in nuts.
- When on cookie sheet, press a well in the center of each ball prior to baking.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes, re-press wells and continue baking another 8 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven.
- While cookies are still on cookie sheets, fill center with your favorite jam and remove cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Using different types of jams, you can make it look like a tray full of jewels.
NotesI think these are my favorite Christmas cookies. I'm not big on chocolate, so I tend to avoid the chocolaty cookies. These are buttery and nutty filled with raspberry jam. YUM
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More