Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe came from a magazine that my mom had at home about 20 yrs ago. I still make it every now and then. But everytime I make it, I get rave reviews from friends.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 sticks of unsalted butter softened (not margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
Pinch of Salt
1/4 tspn vanilla extract
1/8 tspn baking powder
1 egg (separate yolk)
2+ cups of all purpose flour
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES.
1. In a bowl mix unsalted butter & sugar until creamed.
2. Now mix vanilla,baking powder, salt and egg yolk (put egg whites in a separate bowl.
3. Mix in the flour until the mix becomes crumbily.
4. With your hands mix the dough and add flour as needed until the dough does not stick to your hands. After you get the dough to not stick to your hands, let stand for about 30 min.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until it becomes sort of like a merengue.
6. After the 30 min., take dough and make small balls and pass through the egg white and roll in chopped walnuts and put on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Once you've gotten enough balls on the sheet, w/index finger dent the ball a little and put strawberry preserves in the middle and put in the preheated oven.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: