- Cooking Time: 23-25
- Servings: 8 Large Scones
- Preparation Time: 10
- For Scones
- Full box Dassant Vanilla Scone Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter- melted
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts- chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- For Egg Wash
- 1 large egg - beaten for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Combine egg, 1/2 cup milk and butter- blend well. In second bowl, combine dry mix with hazelnuts. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Place dough on floured board. Pat or roll into 8-inch circle. Cut into pie shaped wedges and place on baking sheet. Press your thumb into center of scone making a small circular imprint large enough for a dollop of raspberry preserves.
- Place scones 2-inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops and sides with egg wash if desired and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Adventures in CookingSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More