- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For cake crust:
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (or white cake mix with red food coloring), prepared according to box directions
- For cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Pink, yellow, blue, green and purple food coloring
- Pour 1/2 of cake mix into a greased 9-inch springform pan and bake according to the directions on the box for a 9-inch layer cake. Discard extra batter. Allow cake layer to cool completely in the pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extract until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in sour cream.
- Divide mixture into 5 small bowls and add each of the following colors to one bowl: pink, yellow, blue, green and purple. Pour batters onto cake base in the 9-inch springform pan. Swirl them together carefully; do not swirl too much, so the colors will be clearly visible.
- Bake 35 minutes, until the center is just about set when you jiggle the pan. Allow to cool completely and refrigerate before serving. Run a knife around the cake to release it before removing sides of pan. Serves 12.
NotesJust found this on several websites-- no idea where the original came from. I haven't tried it yet (and I would NEVER condone the use of a *gasp* boxed cake mix), but it looks awesome! I would just make a red velvet cake from scratch for the "crust", or really you could use any kind of cake you want I suppose.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Koken met Oma
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More