TIE-DYED RED VELVET CHEESECAKE
Tie-Dyed Red Velvet Cheesecake
- For cake crust:
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (or white cake mix with red food coloring), prepared according to box directions
- For cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Pink, yellow, blue, green and purple food coloring
Pour 1/2 of cake mix into a greased 9-inch springform pan and bake according to the directions on the box for a 9-inch layer cake. Discard extra batter. Allow cake layer to cool completely in the pan. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extract until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in sour cream.
Divide mixture into 5 small bowls and add each of the following colors to one bowl: pink, yellow, blue, green and purple. Pour batters onto cake base in the 9-inch springform pan. Swirl them together carefully; do not swirl too much, so the colors will be clearly visible.
Bake 35 minutes, until the center is just about set when you jiggle the pan. Allow to cool completely and refrigerate before serving. Run a knife around the cake to release it before removing sides of pan. Serves 12.