- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- 1. Bring the rice, 1 1/3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the peas; cover and set aside.
- 3. Puree 1/2 cup yogurt, the garlic, ginger, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor.
- 4. Transfer all but 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a large bowl.
- 5. Pierce the fish a few times with a fork and season with salt; add to the bowl and toss. Marinate 15 minutes.
- 6. Preheat the broiler.
- 7. Place the fish on a broiler pan; top with the marinade and butter. Broil until opaque, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 8. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, the cilantro, and salt to taste with the yogurt mixture.
- 9. Serve the fish and rice with the yogurt sauce and lime wedges.
Protein: 39 g
Carbs: 44 g
Fat: 10 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More