- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- 1. Bring the rice, 1 1/3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the peas; cover and set aside.
- 3. Puree 1/2 cup yogurt, the garlic, ginger, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor.
- 4. Transfer all but 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a large bowl.
- 5. Pierce the fish a few times with a fork and season with salt; add to the bowl and toss. Marinate 15 minutes.
- 6. Preheat the broiler.
- 7. Place the fish on a broiler pan; top with the marinade and butter. Broil until opaque, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 8. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, the cilantro, and salt to taste with the yogurt mixture.
- 9. Serve the fish and rice with the yogurt sauce and lime wedges.
Protein: 39 g
Carbs: 44 g
Fat: 10 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More