- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250g (1/2 lb) mascarpone
- 200g (1/2 lb) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 package (260g/ 1/2 lb) sponge fingers
- A little strong coffee
- Amaretto (optional)
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks and sugar until the mixture is almost white.
- Add the mascarpone and beat well.
- Beat the egg whites with a little sugar until stiff.
- Add the beaten eggs whites to the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the biscuits (the sugary side) in the coffee (you can add a splash of amaretto in the coffee) and line them in a dish.
- Spread half the mascarpone mix on top of them. Add another layer of sponge fingers dipped in coffee then spread the rest of the mascarpone mix on top.
- Grate some chocolate and sprinkle on the cake. Leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
NotesMy middle school math teacher was Italian and gave me this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More