- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250g (1/2 lb) mascarpone
- 200g (1/2 lb) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 package (260g/ 1/2 lb) sponge fingers
- A little strong coffee
- Amaretto (optional)
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks and sugar until the mixture is almost white.
- Add the mascarpone and beat well.
- Beat the egg whites with a little sugar until stiff.
- Add the beaten eggs whites to the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the biscuits (the sugary side) in the coffee (you can add a splash of amaretto in the coffee) and line them in a dish.
- Spread half the mascarpone mix on top of them. Add another layer of sponge fingers dipped in coffee then spread the rest of the mascarpone mix on top.
- Grate some chocolate and sprinkle on the cake. Leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
NotesMy middle school math teacher was Italian and gave me this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MidLife Road Trip's
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More