- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 85
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- 2 (3 oz) packages hard ladyfingers
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well-blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly.
- Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Whisk in mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat cream, vanilla and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and Kahlua.
- Quickly dip ½ of the ladyfingers and layer in a 7" x 11" pan. Spread with ½ of the mascarpone mixture then ½ of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
Notes*TIRAMISU [tih-ruh-mee-SOO, tih-ruh-MEE-soo] - the translation for tiramisu is "carry me up," and many who taste this ethereal dessert assume the unspoken continuation must surely be "to heaven." Tiramisu is a light composition of sponge cake or ladyfingers dipped in a coffee-marsala mixture, then layered with mascarpone (an ultra-rich Italian cream cheese) and grated chocolate. The dessert is refrigerated for several hours before serving to allow the flavors to intermingle. Although tiramisu is sometimes referred to as an Italian trifle, its texture is much lighter than that dessert.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More