- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 25
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt chocolate. Stir until smooth; cool slightly.
- Beat in butter. Gradually beat in 1-1/3 cups sugar. Add six eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and coffee granules; add to chocolate mixture. Beat on low speed just until combined; set aside.
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cheese, vanilla, and remaining sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Pour 4 cups of chocolate batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Spread with filling. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly to completely cover filling.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Notesfrom the latest Taste of Home magazine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Foodie BabySee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More