- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUse a store-bought pound cake, sliced diagonally, as the crust of this dressed-up pie version of tiramisu. The whipped cream and chopped toffee garnish creates a finished product sure to shine on a holiday dessert buffet.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Stir together coffee and 3/4 cup warm water until coffee is dissolved. Cool.
- Cut cake into 14 slices. Cut each slice in half diagonally. Place triangles in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pieplate. Drizzle coffee mixture over cake.
- Beat mascarpone cheese, sugar, and chocolate syrup at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 2 1/2 cups whipped topping, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over cake. Dollop remaining whipped topping around edges of pie. Sprinkle with candy. Chill 8 hours.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings