- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) dry ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso, cooled
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pounds mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Spread ladyfinders on a baking sheet.
- Mix espresso and brandy and drizzle over cookies, do not saturate.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar on medium speed until thick and lemon colored.
- Add mascarpone and blend on low until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into mascarpone mixture.
- Line sides and bottom of a large bowl with ladyfingers.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture onto ladyfingers and soft half the cocoa on top. Repeat layer of ladyfingers, remainder of mascarpone mix, and top with remaining cocoa.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
NotesMy Aunt Marie's recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More