- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp. brandy or cognac
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 24 italian ladyfingers (the crispy kind)
- 1 c. espresso or VERY strong coffee (room temp)
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- In a shallow dish, combine espresso and brandy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mascarpone cheese and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold mascarpone mixture into the whipped cream.
- Dip 12 ladyfingers into your espresso mixture (about a 1 second soak on each side).
- Place at the bottom of an 8x8 inch glass serving dish.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the top of your soaked ladyfingers.
- Repeat the process again with the remaining dozen of ladyfingers and other half of the mascarpone mixture.
- To finish it off, dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate AT LEAST 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- If you're feeling super-fancy, a garnish of some fresh raspberries and a mint spring is lovely.
NotesSource: Adapted from The Soprano's Family Cookbook
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More