- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese (don't use substitutes)
- 36 Lady fingers
- 2 1/2 cups strong Italian coffee
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 13 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp un-sweetened cocoa
- In a large bowl use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg yolks together with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and mix it with a spoon until well combined
- Now whip the eggs whites until stiff peaks form and then fold them gently into the mascarpone mixture using a spoon.
- Fold it in by gently lifting the mascarpone mixture from the bottom to the top.
- Add the cocoa to 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture without cocoa onto the bottom of the cake dish ( I use a 11 3/4 x 8 3/4 pyrex baking dish)
- Quickly dip both side of the lady fingers into the espresso coffee and place them over the mascarpone cream.
- Cover this layer with all the chocolate mascarpone cream.
- Add the Marsala wine to the rest of the coffee and dip the lady fingers into it.
- Place them over the mascarpone chocolate cream and top with the remaining marscapone cream.
- Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder through a fine mesh strainer.
- Refrigerate for 24 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
NFPG Recipe Collection
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More