- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese (don't use substitutes)
- 36 Lady fingers
- 2 1/2 cups strong Italian coffee
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 13 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp un-sweetened cocoa
- In a large bowl use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg yolks together with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and mix it with a spoon until well combined
- Now whip the eggs whites until stiff peaks form and then fold them gently into the mascarpone mixture using a spoon.
- Fold it in by gently lifting the mascarpone mixture from the bottom to the top.
- Add the cocoa to 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture without cocoa onto the bottom of the cake dish ( I use a 11 3/4 x 8 3/4 pyrex baking dish)
- Quickly dip both side of the lady fingers into the espresso coffee and place them over the mascarpone cream.
- Cover this layer with all the chocolate mascarpone cream.
- Add the Marsala wine to the rest of the coffee and dip the lady fingers into it.
- Place them over the mascarpone chocolate cream and top with the remaining marscapone cream.
- Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder through a fine mesh strainer.
- Refrigerate for 24 hour.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More