- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 stick butter, plus 1 T.
- 1/2 C. (2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 C. (2 oz.) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. ((2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 C. half and half
- 1 C. (8 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a deep 2-1/2 qt. casserole.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about seven minutes. Don't overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the first four cheeses. To the macaroni add the half-and-half, 1-1/2 C. of the shredded cheese, the Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with salt, pepper and the seasoning salt. Mix well then transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and dot with the remaining T. butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
NotesMy kids have gone from Mac and Cheese in the "blue and yellow" box, to this one, and won't eat anything else. They ask me to make it for the parties they host at their own homes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More