- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- Optional Cinnamon Crumb topping*
- * check out Cinnamon Crumb Topping recioe
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners or spray well with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into liners 3/4 of way
- Add crumb topping (optional)
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
NotesSO my amazingly GORGEOUS friend Max Lugavere is a host on Current TV & is a HUGE health nut, he even got me to make whole wheat empanadas at a party I catered once (will NEVER do that again for a large party, but gosh he's cute). He told me his Mom used to make him zucchini bread all the time so I came up with an alternative to keep him fit & sexy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Lau Family Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More