- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- Optional Cinnamon Crumb topping*
- * check out Cinnamon Crumb Topping recioe
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners or spray well with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into liners 3/4 of way
- Add crumb topping (optional)
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
NotesSO my amazingly GORGEOUS friend Max Lugavere is a host on Current TV & is a HUGE health nut, he even got me to make whole wheat empanadas at a party I catered once (will NEVER do that again for a large party, but gosh he's cute). He told me his Mom used to make him zucchini bread all the time so I came up with an alternative to keep him fit & sexy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More