TOAD-IN-THE-HOLE THE AUSTRALIAN WAY
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 12 slices cooked roast beef
- 6 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and 1½ teaspoon salt into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and milk and beat until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place the slices of roast beef in a buttered baking pan.
- Sprinkle with parsley, remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour the batter over it and bake uncovered for 1 hour.
NotesWe came across this recipe many years ago in the Around the World Cookbook by Myra Waldo which was printed in 1955.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More