- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1-2 cups Raw Almonds
- Pinch Salt (optional)
- A Touch of Virgin Coconut Oil, or your favorite vegetable oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spread a cup or two of almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast until they are fragrant and slightly toasty looking, but not too dark, ten to fifteen minutes. Watch them closely, as nuts can burn quickly! Shake the pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cooling the nuts helps you to avoid overheating your food processor.
- Place cooled almonds with a pinch or two of salt (optional) in the food processor with the metal S blade.
- Pulse once or twice, then run for about 30 seconds.
- Stop the food processor, and wait for a minute or so. This ensures you won't overheat!
- Repeat the processing and waiting procedure a couple more times, until your crumbly mass magically turns into almond butter!
- For an even creamier, smoother butter, add a spoonful of coconut oil and run one last time until it magically smooths out and turns into almond butter gold.
- Try not to eat all of it at once!
NotesAlmonds are so versatile! They're great raw, toasted, slivered, sliced, in almond butter and almond flour. They're rich in protein and free of gluten, which some find hard to digest. The one drawback of almond products is they can get really expensive. Buy raw almonds in bulk and make your own almond butter to cut down on a little of that extra expense.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More