- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- The Goods:
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tbsp. good quality mayonnaise
- 2 slices of seasonal ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 2 bagels, cut in half and toasted
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin cup with two overlapping prosciutto slices. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15, or until crispy.
- While the prosciutto is baking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and stir in the vinegar. Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl and gentle slide the egg into the water. Repeat with the other egg.
- Allow the eggs to cook for about 3 minutes and until the whites are set. The yolk should still be runny. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs and set them on a tea towel to drain of excess water. Do the same with the second egg.
- Toast the bagel halves and place on a plate. Add your mayo and top with tomatoes and fresh arugula. Add the prosciutto cup. Place the poached egg over top and season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with your best extra-virgin olive oil. YUM!!!
NotesThe classic bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel gets a classy makeover with this healthy breakfast recipe. Arugula and prosciutto give this morning sandwich tons of depth and bright flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More