- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 C shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 1/2 C shredded coconut
- Beat butter with electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar, almond and salt.
- Mix until combined. Beat in egg yolk. Mix in flour. Then stir in toasted coconut.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into and 8-inch roll.
- Brush with egg white and roll in coconut.
- Wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut rolls into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes; transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Next time I make these, I think I'll omit the egg whites & roll in coconut and bake as is. Then dip them in dark chocolate and shredded coconut. =)
NotesThese are new to my lineup this year. My husband LOVES coconut, so this was pretty high up on my list of 'cookies to try'. They are crispy, buttery and coconuty!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More