- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 (1 cup butter)
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- MAPLE CRANBERRY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries and syrup. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Beat in butter until blended.
- 4.Serve waffles with maple cranberry butter and syrup if desired. Refrigerate or freeze leftover butter.
NotesWhen I really want to impress folks, I serve these waffles. They're beautiful with a fresh sprig of mint on top of the yummy butter. It was my most requested recipe when I work in a bed-and-breakfast.
Simple Homemade Favorites
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More