- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 (1 cup butter)
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- MAPLE CRANBERRY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries and syrup. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Beat in butter until blended.
- 4.Serve waffles with maple cranberry butter and syrup if desired. Refrigerate or freeze leftover butter.
NotesWhen I really want to impress folks, I serve these waffles. They're beautiful with a fresh sprig of mint on top of the yummy butter. It was my most requested recipe when I work in a bed-and-breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More