- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened margarine (Imperial is best)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips or 3 bars of milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk in large bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Press dough in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until very light brown...crust will be soft.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate on hot crust.
- Let stand about 5 minutes or until soft...spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack...for bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows, while warm, for easiest cutting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More