- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened margarine (Imperial is best)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips or 3 bars of milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk in large bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Press dough in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until very light brown...crust will be soft.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate on hot crust.
- Let stand about 5 minutes or until soft...spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack...for bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows, while warm, for easiest cutting.