Toffee Brownie Mix
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup firmly packed flaked coconut
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 cups flour mixed with 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt
Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
Attach this to the Jar
Makes 2 dozen brownies
1. Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add: 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, not diet, very soft 2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp. vanilla (opt.)
3. Mix until completely blended.
4. Spread batter into a sprayed 9x13 metal pan.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in baking pan. Cut brownies into 1 1/2 inch squares.