- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz milk chocolate bar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds toasted (to toast spread out on pie plate 400 degree oven for 10 or so minutes until toasted, might want to stir as the ones closes to the outside will brown sooner.)Cool separate into 1 separate cups.
- In large pan, melt butter; add sugar, water & syrup.
- Cook over medium heat stir occasionally to hard crack stage (300 degrees), separates into hard & brittle thread, when broke is hard in cold water test.
- Quickly stir in 1 cup almonds, spread on well greased cookie sheet.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Spread with 8 oz milk chocolate bar that has been melted and sprinkle with remaining almonds that have been toasted and broken into smaller pieces.
- Chill and break in pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The NourishFull Kitchen
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More