- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Light corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 bars milk chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook over mediumn heat, stirring constantly to a hard crack stage of 300 on your candy thermometer.
- Watch it carefully after temp reaches 280.
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped almonds, spread in well greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Cool throughly.
- Turn out on wax paper and spread with half the melted chocolate and half the finely chopped almonds and allow chocolate to set up.
- Cover with wax paper and invert.
- Spread again remaining chocolate and almonds.
- Chill to firm chocolate.
- Break into pieces
NotesThis is a "Special" recipe to me and my family, as it was one my beloved Mom would make every year for Christmas. Now that she's gone, I hope I can do the recipe justice and make it as well as she did! Enjoy, maybe it will become one of your family favorites too!