- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Light corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 bars milk chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook over mediumn heat, stirring constantly to a hard crack stage of 300 on your candy thermometer.
- Watch it carefully after temp reaches 280.
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped almonds, spread in well greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Cool throughly.
- Turn out on wax paper and spread with half the melted chocolate and half the finely chopped almonds and allow chocolate to set up.
- Cover with wax paper and invert.
- Spread again remaining chocolate and almonds.
- Chill to firm chocolate.
- Break into pieces
NotesThis is a "Special" recipe to me and my family, as it was one my beloved Mom would make every year for Christmas. Now that she's gone, I hope I can do the recipe justice and make it as well as she did! Enjoy, maybe it will become one of your family favorites too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More