- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: Tons
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 LB Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 12 Oz Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
- Almonds (grind coarse before starting the recipe) (I use about a cup to pour into the sugar/butter mixture and another cup for the top.) There was no specific measurement given to me.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium sized non-stick sauce pan.
- Stir in the sugar after the butter has melted. Cook, stirring constantly until you reach the HARD CRACK stage, 300 degrees, on the candy thermometer.
- Remove the sugar and butter mixture from the stove and add the almonds, stirring them in immediately.
- Pour them onto a buttered (I found silicon worked exceptionally well) cookie sheet that has sides.
- Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips over the hot mixture and when they are softened in a moment or so, spread them evenly over the hot mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds over the chocolate.
- Let it cool a bit and then put it into the fridge for 24 hours. Then bring it out and break or cut into bit sized pieces. (The directions say 24 hours, but after a couple hours you can break it up.)
NotesI went to a party at a bar years ago and someone had brought this candy. I couldn't stop eating it and finally asked her where she bought it and she said she made it. Since I didn't know this woman it took me weeks to track her down to get the recipe. I now make it every year for Christmas and we all love it. I give it as gifts too....never heard a complaint! As a matter of fact, people ask for it all the time.
*** You need a candy thermometer to make this ***
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Delightful DessertsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More