- Cooking Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Servings: 4 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryTaste Of Home - Jusy Scholovich
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) German Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla, flour, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chocolate.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the hot bars.
- Immediately sprinkle with the nuts.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 1 1/4 inch bars.