- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pre-baked vegan pie crust For Cake:
- 3/4 of a 15-ounce package of firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Topping:
- 1 bag of frozen berries of your choice (I've used blueberries, raspberries and cherries)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- For Cake:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a blender, combine the tofu, cream cheese, milk substitute, and lemon juice. Blend until very thick and smooth.
- Add sucanat, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla, and blend until incorporated.
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until golden and firm, and cracks begin to form on top.
- Remove from oven and cool until totally set, preferably overnight.
- For Topping: Mix arrowroot powder in apple juice.
- Place frozen berries in saucepan and cover with the apple juice mixture.
- Simmer until thickened like pie filling. It will reach maximum thickness before boiling.
- Spread topping over pie and enjoy!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More