- 1 pre-baked vegan pie crust For Cake:
- 3/4 of a 15-ounce package of firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Topping:
- 1 bag of frozen berries of your choice (I've used blueberries, raspberries and cherries)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a blender, combine the tofu, cream cheese, milk substitute, and lemon juice. Blend until very thick and smooth.
Add sucanat, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla, and blend until incorporated.
Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
Bake 35-45 minutes until golden and firm, and cracks begin to form on top.
Remove from oven and cool until totally set, preferably overnight.
For Topping: Mix arrowroot powder in apple juice.
Place frozen berries in saucepan and cover with the apple juice mixture.
Simmer until thickened like pie filling. It will reach maximum thickness before boiling.
Spread topping over pie and enjoy!