- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- block of extra firm tofu into 6 long slices
- olive oil
- Slice block of extra firm tofu into 6 long slices (about half to 3/4inch thick)
- Put some breadcrumbs and a little parmesan cheese in a bowl, coat the tofu with the breadcrumb mixture
- fry in a tablespoon or two of olive oil a few minutes on each side.
- Serve with pasta and pasta sauce, top w/ more parmesan.
NotesI just tried this for the first time and it came out pretty good just making it up as i go. i only used half a block of Tofu - i made something else w/ my other half.
I tried the tip of freezing and then defrosting the tofu before using it that i read on here somewhere. I'm not sure how much of a difference I noticed but you can try that or not!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
The Naked Macaron
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More