- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 blocks firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 medium Maui or other sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken flavored bouillon (powdered)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- All purpose flour
- Chinese parsley, minced (garnish)
- In a colander, drain tofu and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of oil until golden brown. Stir in garlic and tomatio paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and bring to boil, then add water and boullion, bay leaf and tomatoes.
- Coat tofu with flour. In anothe skillet, sauté tofu in 1 tablespoon oil until golden brown. Gently place tofu in tomato sauce and simmer until sauce is thickens. Season to taste and garnish with minced parsley. Serve with brown basmati rice and steamed vegetables.
NotesInternational Cuisine / Hawaiian
Even though we are not vegetarians, but still consider tofu one of our staple foods.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More