- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was looking for an easy dessert and found this on the Nestles website. I made a few changes to it. (it called for a TON of butter, that it really didn't need) Also I added some vanilla and a smidgy of salt. The kids really loved it.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour, white sugar and brown sugar; beat until well blended.
- Blend in the melted butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nut (if desired).
- Pour batter into one unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
- Bake at 325F for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.