- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb of peeled shrimp (optional of course for vegetarians)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 lb mushrooms (I prefer oyster and straw mushrooms but you can pretty much use any kinds you like)
- 3 stalks lemon grass, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 thin slices fresh galangal
- 1 chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 4 kafir lime leaves, or grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Pour the coconut milk into a pan or wok and add the mushrooms, lemon grass, galangal and chile. Bring gently to a boil and simmer over gentle heat for 5 minutes. Add the water, kafir lime leaves (or zest) and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Season with salt to taste and stir to combine the ingredients as they cook together gently for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, scatter the remaining cilantro leaves and lime wedges on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Cooking with Sabra
Koken met OmaSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More