- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 750ml Coconut milk
- 475ml chicken stock
- 4 lemongrass sticks
- 2 1/2 cm (almost a thumb big bite) galangal root or ginger
- black pepper (10 whole pieces) or powder
- 10 kaffir lime leaves cut small (Some kept big for decoration
- 300g chicken breast cut in bit size pieces
- 115g mushrooms sliced
- 50g baby mais (if desired)
- 4 tbsb fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tbsb nam pla fish sauce
- a few small red chillies for decoration cooked with everything
- Let coconutmilk and chicken stock cook, add lemongrass (cut in big bites, like 10cm, that way it is better to remove them as they are not edible, just to chew on), galangal in small cut, pepper and kaffir lime leaves, 2 or 3 small red chillies. Let simmer for 20 min. Then add chicken and mushrooms, mais. Simmer til chicken is cooked. Taste with lime juice and fish sauce.
- Decorate with red chillies, cilantro, spring onion.
- I cook everything together, but it is also possible to sieve the spices away before adding the chicken.
- Very important, Red chillies and Lemon Grass should not be eaten.
- The Thai adds all sorts of things of spices in their dishes just for decoration and flavour, but not to eat.
- Serve with cooked Basmati Rice
NotesThis is my favourite when in Thailand and not only there