- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large hothouse cucumber
- 2 sweet bell peppers (orange or yellow)
- Fresh basil (for garnish)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cut the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and bell peppers into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil and red wine vinegar on top. Add a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix well. Cover, refrigerate, and stir before you eat. Serve chilled with fresh basil on top.
- Tip: This salad gets better as time goes on. It’s wonderful right after you make it, but it tastes best after it’s had a few hours to sit in the refrigerator.
NotesTomato, Cucumber, and Onion (TCO) salad is a staple in my family. We always make big batches in the summertime when the tomatoes are ripe and everyone’s craving salads. I love the simple ingredients in the recipe. It’s a perfect healthy dish to bring to a summer BBQ or pool party.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More