- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryRed Gold Tomatoes sent me some of their product to try. Funny thing is, I already had it in my cupboard. Making homemade soup is a cinch when you use a good quality canned tomato product.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ large, sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn (fire-roasted, if available)
- 1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-19 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic, onions and corn. Sauté until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans vegetable stock, chili powder and Italian seasoning. Stir well and bring mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer soup for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve the soup hot; garnish with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese, if desired.