- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6 cups
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes in juice with basil leaves
- 12 large fresh basil sprigs
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Coarse kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender add tomatoes, basil sprigs, and dried crushed red pepper and pulse a few times. Add tomato mixture to the garlic in the sacue pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced to thick sauce consistency (about 6 cups), stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Season sauce to taste with coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- COOK TIME 25 Min
- SERVINGS 6 cups
NotesThis is a great sauce on grilled steak, chicken, pork, or lamb. Store in frig in a air tight jar for up to 4 weeks.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More