- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6 cups
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes in juice with basil leaves
- 12 large fresh basil sprigs
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Coarse kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender add tomatoes, basil sprigs, and dried crushed red pepper and pulse a few times. Add tomato mixture to the garlic in the sacue pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced to thick sauce consistency (about 6 cups), stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Season sauce to taste with coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- COOK TIME 25 Min
- SERVINGS 6 cups
NotesThis is a great sauce on grilled steak, chicken, pork, or lamb. Store in frig in a air tight jar for up to 4 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More