- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c Tomatoes (8-10) -- peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 c Canned whole crushed tomatoes (a 28 oz & 14 oz can)
- 4 c Tomato Juice
- 12 Fresh basil (leaves)
- 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/4 c Sweet unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Combine tomatoes, juice and basil in saucepan. Simmer 30 minutes. Puree in small batches, in blender or food processor.
- Return to saucepan and add cream and butter, while stirring, over low heat. Serve with your favorite bread.
NotesThis is an attempt to recreate the Tomato Basil Soup from La Madeleine restaurants, but lighten it up. It's great served with a fresh, crusty french loaf or sourdough.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More