- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c Tomatoes (8-10) -- peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 c Canned whole crushed tomatoes (a 28 oz & 14 oz can)
- 4 c Tomato Juice
- 12 Fresh basil (leaves)
- 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/4 c Sweet unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Combine tomatoes, juice and basil in saucepan. Simmer 30 minutes. Puree in small batches, in blender or food processor.
- Return to saucepan and add cream and butter, while stirring, over low heat. Serve with your favorite bread.
NotesThis is an attempt to recreate the Tomato Basil Soup from La Madeleine restaurants, but lighten it up. It's great served with a fresh, crusty french loaf or sourdough.