- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an attempt to recreate the Tomato Basil Soup from La Madeleine restaurants, but lighten it up. It's great served with a fresh, crusty french loaf or sourdough.
- 4 c Tomatoes (8-10) -- peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 c Canned whole crushed tomatoes (a 28 oz & 14 oz can)
- 4 c Tomato Juice
- 12 Fresh basil (leaves)
- 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/4 c Sweet unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Combine tomatoes, juice and basil in saucepan. Simmer 30 minutes. Puree in small batches, in blender or food processor.
- Return to saucepan and add cream and butter, while stirring, over low heat. Serve with your favorite bread.