- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; add basil. Cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in broth and heat through.
NotesI would almost call this carrot soup...came out very orange and tasting like the sweet carrots...very good and a great way to get your veggies in. Next time I may add some milk or cream to it and blend it more, it came out a bit veggie chunk floating in broth. Up the calories with cream but would be oh so good!
From Light and Tasty
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 141 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Short & SweetSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More