- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 28 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent.
- Add flour, and stir to blend. Gradually add chicken stock, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, breaking up any large pieces.
- Simmer 30 minutes. Add vanilla and basil and simmer until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More