- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4T - 1/4 lime juice ( taste before adding more than 4T )
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all tomatoes and juice in stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the mixture in a food processor along with the basil leaves and return to stock pot.
- Place pot over medium heat and stir in heavy cream and butter and sugar, salt and pepper
- Heat, stirring until butter is melted. Do not boil.
- Add lime juice to taste.
NotesThere is a terrific restaurant nearby that would not share their recipe for theier Tomato Basil Soup. All the recipes on the Internet had nothing that matched in taste. I decided to experiment and finally found the same soup as the restaurant makes. The secret is lime juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More