TOMATO BASIL SOUP
Tomato Basil Soup
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4T - 1/4 lime juice ( taste before adding more than 4T )
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all tomatoes and juice in stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Coarsely chop the mixture in a food processor along with the basil leaves and return to stock pot.
Place pot over medium heat and stir in heavy cream and butter and sugar, salt and pepper
Heat, stirring until butter is melted. Do not boil.
Add lime juice to taste.