- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4T - 1/4 lime juice ( taste before adding more than 4T )
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all tomatoes and juice in stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the mixture in a food processor along with the basil leaves and return to stock pot.
- Place pot over medium heat and stir in heavy cream and butter and sugar, salt and pepper
- Heat, stirring until butter is melted. Do not boil.
- Add lime juice to taste.
NotesThere is a terrific restaurant nearby that would not share their recipe for theier Tomato Basil Soup. All the recipes on the Internet had nothing that matched in taste. I decided to experiment and finally found the same soup as the restaurant makes. The secret is lime juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More