- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (16-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped, reserve liquid
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, cheeses, baking powder, sugar, garlic salt, oregano, salt and cayenne.
- Add enough milk to reserved tomato juice to make 2/3 cup liquid.
- Add eggs and oil; stir to blend well. Mix with flour mixture.
- Fold in chopped tomatoes. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
No-Bake Flag Cookies
Aunt Sherry’s Chicken Cacciatore
Strawberry Cheese TartSee More