- Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes split up
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1-11 oz can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shreddedfontina cheese
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a few leaves of fresh basil, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pizza crust in cookie sheet or flat pan and bake for a few minutes(do not let it get brown)
- Turn oven to 450 degrees. Cut tips of garlic bulb off and place in tin foil with a few tsps of extra virgin olive oil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and leave to rest on paper towels for about 15 minutes.
- Once garlic is ready, sqeeze pulp from bulb and spread over pizza crust. Add the leftover oil from the foil and the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a 1/2 cup of the shredded fontina cheese & then place the tomatoes on top. Next add the shredded basil and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes. Enjoy!
NotesI made this for some friends and it was a total hit!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cooking with Sabra
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More