TOMATO JUICE GAZPACHO
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound good red tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium white onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 T sherry vinegar, OR 5 T red wine vinegar and 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 4 c good tomato juice (I used Campbells which was the only brand in my store; it has scored well in various taste tests)
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t Tabasco sauce
- Dump everything except the tomato juice into a blender. Add 2 c tomato juice and blend until ingredients are finely chopped but not liquefied. There should still be a significant amount of roughage in the gazpacho. Add the rest of the juice, pulse briefly to blend. Chill 4 hours and adjust seasonings before serving.
- Variations: This tastes good with some garlic croutons if you like them. A peeled, cored apple is a good addition. Consider a couple slices of stale white bread, crusts removed, if you like it thicker.
NotesI love gazpacho but hate the price of tomatoes nowadays. This recipe stretches your dollar by combining tomato juice with just 1 pound of tomatoes, so you can afford to buy some really nice ones. 8 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More