- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI belong to WW and there is one group in particular I post to and get many good recipes from. Here is one I make often. Plus its freezer friendly.
Servings: 6 1-cup servings
Adapted from Natural Health Magazine, 10/2005
- 1 cup brown lentils, washed and picked over for debris
- 5 cups nonfat chicken broth, low-sodium
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ounces prosciutto, finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1. In a large pot, combine the lentils, broth, tomatoes, prosciutto, onion, garlic, cumin and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the lentils are tender but not mushy, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2. Ladle the soup into wide bowls and serve with Italian bread sticks or garlic bread.
- Servings: 6 1-cup servings