- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup dried lentils
- 4-5 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- Place lentils and 4 cups water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add garlic, celery, and carrot to lentils. Simmer until tender.
- Stir in tamari, tomato paste, herbs and any additional water to reach desired consistency.
NotesA quick hearty soup for winter that freezes well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More