- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup dried lentils
- 4-5 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- Place lentils and 4 cups water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add garlic, celery, and carrot to lentils. Simmer until tender.
- Stir in tamari, tomato paste, herbs and any additional water to reach desired consistency.
NotesA quick hearty soup for winter that freezes well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More