- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup dried lentils
- 4-5 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- Place lentils and 4 cups water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add garlic, celery, and carrot to lentils. Simmer until tender.
- Stir in tamari, tomato paste, herbs and any additional water to reach desired consistency.
NotesA quick hearty soup for winter that freezes well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More